I am a Hindu nationalist as I am a born Hindu: Narendra Modi
- AAP hands over Rs 10 lakh to family of Gajendra Singh, family demands memorial, jobs
- UP tells SC that prosecution on boy for post against Azam Khan will continue
- Uttarakhand CM says Rahul Kedarnath trek shows the way for Char Dham pilgrims
- At protest on net neutrality, Congress asks Centre to stop TRAI move
- Latest drone deaths a reminder of risk of 'deadly mistakes'
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has described himself as a "Hindu nationalist" because he was a born Hindu.
"I am nationalist. I'm patriotic. Nothing is wrong. I am born Hindu. Nothing is wrong. So I'm a Hindu nationalist. So yes, you can say I'm a Hindu nationalist because I'm a born Hindu," he told Reuters news agency in an interview in his official residence in Gandhinagar.
The Gujarat strongman was asked as to who was the "real Modi" – Hindu nationalist or a pro-business chief minister?
"As far as progressive, development, workaholic, whatever they say, this is what they are saying. So there's no contradiction between the two. It's one and the same image," he said.