I am a Salman Khan fan: Shahid Kapoor
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Manmohan Singh didnât put wifeâs name in Rajya Sabha affidavit, says BJP
Actor Shahid Kapoor, who will be seen next in 'Phata Poster Nikhla Hero' releasing this week, has not been able to impress the box-office in the recent past but is hopeful of better days ahead.
Speaking about his film 'Phata Poster Nikla Hero' directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, Shahid said the action comedy, which releases this Friday, will present him in a new avatar.
"It is out an out a masala entertaining character, which I haven't played earlier. I haven't said massy one liners, tapori songs etc...this zone is different for me. The most challenging part was to adapt to this genre," the actor said.
Shahid was all praise for Santoshi, who according to him, is also a good actor and he just followed his instructions.
In the film, Shahid will be seen as an ardent fan of Salman Khan. Shahid said in real life too, he is a fan of the 'Dabangg' star and hence there was no difficulty in playing
"Our generation is a huge fan of all three Khans...we all have seen their films. I have seen a lot of hysterical fans and this time it was exciting that I got chance to play a fan. I have played a hyper and desperate fan."
Post 'Badmassh Company' in 2010, the 32-year-old's films have not done well at the box office and he thinks his time is not right.
"I feel when the time is right almost every decision you make seems right. And my time is not right and all my decisions don't seem to go right. Because the time when you sign a film and till the time the film gets made it is a long journey. Once I have taken a decision I have always stood by it... regardless of the final outcome," Shahid told PTI.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit