I am carving out a niche for myself as an actor: Shahid Kapoor
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
Do you think 'R…Rajkumar' got you back from the brink?
Every story needs a headline. Many think that 'R…Rajkumar' is a movie that got me back after my failure. So be it. There's always much more than what meets the eye. Every actor's journey is very different but the actors will always be pitted against each other. Look at Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Leonardo Di Caprio. Their career graph is unbelievable. All of them are phenomenal stars and we here pray that our graph also looks like them. But I know that my highs and lows are going to be different from everyone else's. I am carving out a niche for myself as an actor. Let the people talk what they want to. It doesn't affect my career.
I'm sure 'Shanatics' feature right at the top of your fans?
They do, don't they? Shanatics have done something that's unheard of - they kept a screening of 'R…Rajkumar' for me. They are very dear to me. These lots are more organized. There are times when you feel a bit worried about your fans and don't want to hurt them by ignoring them. There are a few fans who are too biased towards me. They even like the rubbish that I do. I can't take their opinion seriously. But there are some who have a balanced perspective. But I appreciate both. I love the Shanatics, undoubtedly.
You have always mixed your film's genres well.
Yes, thank you. My graph is versatile. If you see, my films - there's an Ishq Vishq, Jab We Met, Vivaah and there is a Kaminey and 'R…Rajkumar'. All diverse genres. In between I did Mausam too. Honestly, all the roles that I've done that my fans and audience have liked me in, and where they've said - 'this must've been easy for him', are the ones in which I had to work the most. 'R…Rajkumar' could've been easy on the eye but only I know how tiring it was, how challenging it was to do the dance and action that I've never done before.
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18
- The 'Silli' effect hold the surprise element in Ranchi
- ‘Cautious’ MU yet to send answer sheets for assessment, move may delay results
- AAP launches ‘Scam Expose Helpline’, to train people to conduct stings