I am dating Siddharth Roy Kapoor: Vidya Balan
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
National award winning actress Vidya Balan has finally come out about her relationship with UTV head Siddharth Roy Kapoor but says she is in no hurry to get married to him.
"I don't have any plans yet... and there is no engagement ring yet. It's a while away and I am in no hurry. But it's on my mind and there is a plan at some point. There is someone in my life," Vidya said.
When asked whether she is dating the UTV movies honcho, Vidya said, "I will admit that I am dating him but not beyond that."
The 'Dirty Picture' star, 34, who has been recently appointed as a Bollywood Ambassador of Victoria, was here to promote the Indian Film Festival in Melbourne commencing from June 11.
Asked about her take on Rakhi Sawant's claim to appear as a better lead role in a Bengali version of 'The Dirty Picture', Vidya said, "I did my best and I am sure if she (Rakhi) brings her own originality to the portrayal of Silk, it will be great and I will be more than happy to watch her."
Clad in beautiful white saree with black embroidered border, Vidya admitted that she was a bit apprehensive about how her parents would react to her portrayal of South siren Silk Smitha in the film.
"I was finally relieved after my father came during the interval and said he could only see Silk rather than Vidya. There is no bigger compliment for me than that," she said.
"'Dirty Picture' was a life time opportunity for me as an actress. It was an opportunity not to be missed also because it was completely out of my comfort zone. But it did take lot of time for me decide about the role," she added.
"The most encouraging part of doing this role has been that people now think that I am capable of doing this kind of a film," she said, adding that she was highly satisfied after knowing that her performance in the film was seen as everything but "sleazy".
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express