I am a follower of Mahatma Gandhi and his ideas: Rahul Gandhi
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday began his two-day Gujarat tour as part of the Lok Sabha election preparations, by visiting Mahatma Gandhi's Sabarmati Ashram here.
Rahul spent almost half-an-hour in the ashram, from where the Mahatma had spearheaded the non-violent freedom movement of the country till he left for Dandi yatra.
"Its always an honour for me to come to the ashram. I am a follower of Gandhi and his ideas. Thank you," Rahul wrote in the visitor's book at the ashram.
Rahul will interact with party office-bearers in Ahmedabad and Rajkot during his visit to the state, guiding them how to take on the BJP led by Modi government in his home turf in the next general elections.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held