I am a follower of Mahatma Gandhi and his ideas: Rahul Gandhi
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday began his two-day Gujarat tour as part of the Lok Sabha election preparations, by visiting Mahatma Gandhi's Sabarmati Ashram here.
Rahul spent almost half-an-hour in the ashram, from where the Mahatma had spearheaded the non-violent freedom movement of the country till he left for Dandi yatra.
"Its always an honour for me to come to the ashram. I am a follower of Gandhi and his ideas. Thank you," Rahul wrote in the visitor's book at the ashram.
Rahul will interact with party office-bearers in Ahmedabad and Rajkot during his visit to the state, guiding them how to take on the BJP led by Modi government in his home turf in the next general elections.