'I am happy and proud to be a part of Special 26', says Jimmy Shergill
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
- 15th Lok Sabha: Most disrupted session in history
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal writes to Narendra Modi on gas pricing, targets Mukesh Ambani again
t's been 16 years since Jimmy Sheirgill made his debut with Gulzar's Maachis. Since then this versatile actor has been impressive in films like Mohabbatein, Munnabhai MBBS, Yahaan, Haasil, Lage Raho Munnabhai, Eklavya, A Wednesday and Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster to name a few. Jimmy is now looking forward to Special 26 where he re-unites once again Neeraj Pandey (the director of A Wednesday). In this exclusive chat with Bollywood Hungama's Nikhil Ramsubramaniam, Jimmy talks about his character, the experience working with an ensemble cast, and how he's literally seen directors like Neeraj Pandey and Tigmanshu Dhulia grow in front of his eyes. Read on
A lot of people feel that Neeraj Pandey's A Wednesday is your best work till date and now you are back with Neeraj in Special 26 must be exciting?
Absolutely. Having worked earlier with Neeraj Pandey, there is a certain rapport that we share. However my character in Special 26 is completely different to what I played in A Wednesday.
So tell us something about your character?
I play Sub-Inspector Ranveer Singh, who is part of the Delhi Police in the 80's. He is a new guy in the force and is very enthusiastic about proving his worth and as luck would have it in the beginning itself he gets taken for a ride by this team of tricksters who con him. He is now out to nab them and take revenge. So it's a very interesting character.
How's been the experience working with an ensemble cast of superb actors like Akshay Kumar, Manoj Bajpayee and Anupam Kher?
It's been a brilliant experience. I've worked with Kher saab in many films including A Wednesday as well. This is the first time I got a chance to work with Akshay though. Manoj, as we all know, is also a fantastic actor. When you have a great team working on a great script, headed by a great director, the whole experience becomes really memorable.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- The regressive state | The Indian Express