'I am happy and proud to be a part of Special 26', says Jimmy Shergill
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
Tell us something about Bullet Raja. What's it all about and how was it working with Saif Ali Khan?
Bullet Raja is a full on masala film done in Tigmanshu Dhulia style. It's about friendship, love, betrayal and has a lot of action. It was great bonding with Saif. We've worked in the past briefly in films like Hum Tum and Eklavya but didn't get too much time to really bond but this time we were together for over a month in Lucknow so it gave us a good opportunity to chat and get to know each other really well. When you have a director like Tigmanshu half the job is done.
Tigmanshu Dhulia is now finally getting his due as a director of repute. As someone who's been working with him regularly since his first film Haasil, how happy are you for him?
I don't think anybody could be happier for Tigmanshu than me. I've always said he is one of the finest directors we have and I am glad that now everyone else too is taking notice of the same. I am also happy for Irrfan and the success that he has achieved. We guys go a long way back in time.
Finally you are also really rocking it big time in Punjabi cinema. How are you enjoying that experience?
Punjabi films are doing very well commercially not just in North India but also overseas in Australia, New Zealand, U.K., Canada, North America etc. But I am not in it purely for the commerce. After I did my first film with Mannji (Manmohan Singh), the emotion got to me and I felt it's my duty to do Punjabi films as well since I am a Sardar from Punjab. Every year I am going to try and do one good Punjabi film and luckily almost all of them that I've done till date have been successful. I've also co-produced 3 films with Eros and my next Punjabi film is Rangeeley in which I am starring with Neha Dhupia.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties