I am not thinking about the 100th test, says Harbhajan Singh
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Harbhajan Singh today termed the Irani Cup match as the 'biggest' he could have got in recent times as the off-spinner intends to stage a comeback to the Indian cricket team for the upcoming four-match Test series against Australia.
The 32-year-old is part of the Rest of India team which will take on Ranji Trophy champions Mumbai tomorrow and Harbhajan said he wants to do something special to get picked for the Australian series, starting later this month.
"If I do well, I have a great chance to come back into the Indian side and Australia is coming over, so before the series starts, this was the biggest game I could have got," he told reporters here.
"I want to do something special and be relaxed and look to bowl well rather than running after the wickets. Wickets will come, if not today, tomorrow it will come. My aim is to bowl well, if I do that, I will get the rewards," he added.
The off spinner, who has 408 wickets in his kitty so far in 99 Tests, would join the select 100-Test club of Indian players, containing nine names, if he gets picked for the upcoming home series.
"I am not thinking about the 100th test and so on. I am looking forward for this game and hopefully I have a good game and we do well as a team and go forward from there. I don't want to think too much ahead, playing 100th test. It will be great if I get picked and it will be a great opportunity to do something special for team India," he said.
The nine Indian cricketers to have played 100 Tests: Sachin Tendulkar (194), Rahul Dravid (163), VVS Laxman (134), Anil Kumble (132), Kapil Dev (131), Sunil Gavaskar (125), Dilip Vengsarkar (116), Sourav Ganguly (113) and Virender Sehwag (102).
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2