I am up for 'Bridesmaids 2': Melissa McCarthy
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Actress Melissa McCarthy says she is willing to appear in the "Bridesmaids" sequel.
Speculation about a sequel was rampant in the months after "Bridesmaids" became one of the surprise hits of 2011, but both Jon Hamm and Chris O'Dowd have said a sequel is unlikely, reported Digital Spy online.
McCarthy appeared more positive about a potential "Bridesmaids 2" when questioned.
"I would do anything...if (co-writers) Kristen (Wiig) and Annie (Mumolo) wrote something, if it was like, on the back of a napkin and they wanted me to perform it in the backyard, I would do it," McCarthy said.
"I'll let those ladies decide if we're doing a sequel."
Wiig said in early 2012 that she had no plans to write "Bridesmaids 2", although she stopped short of ruling out the idea entirely.
"Bridesmaids" has earned over 183.4 million pounds at the worldwide box office, and garnered Wiig and Mumolo a 'Best Writing (Original Screenplay) Oscar nomination.
McCarthy also received an Oscar nod in the 'Best Supporting Actress' category.
- Experts to Maruti: De-list or give in to investors’ pressure
- India-born Rajeev Suri may take over as Nokia CEO
- BJP MLA gets EC clearance for movie, asks ‘critics’ to stay away
- Eyes on UP prize, Modi set for Varanasi
- SC rejects Nokia appeal over asset transfer to Microsoft
- Today is last day for enrolling as a voter: UT