I am very harsh on myself: Deepika Padukone
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
The 25-year-old says her self-criticism helps her do better with each film.
"I am very harsh on myself. I am very rarely satisfied with my own work but I am glad that it is like this. I would rather be harsh on myself than be happy with the smallest thing that I do. I compete with myself and challenge myself to do better everyday. It gives me the drive to push myself otherwise I would be stuck in the rut," Deepika said.
The 26-year-old proved that she is more than a pretty face with her powerful performance as Veronica in 'Cocktail', her lone release this year.
"I am glad that this film happened for people to realise that. I have always believed in my work and myself but sometimes you have to wait for the right script and opportunity to come your way. 'Cocktail' did that for me."
She has already won an award for her performance in the film. Deepika, however, says she is more happy to see that the audiences' perception about her has changed for good.
"I think awards are always welcome. Big Star awards recently acknowledged my contribution. But I am more happy about the energy shift that I feel from the audiences post Veronica. There is nothing in the world that compensates for that feeling."
With her latest film 'Race 2' ready to hit the screens on January 25, Deepika says she is looking forward to 2013.
"I could not have asked for more this year. I invested a lot emotionally into the character of Veronica and I am very happy with the result. It has been a great year for me not only in terms of Cocktail's success but also with the kind of films that I signed post that. I have an interesting line-up for 2013."
Deepika is looking forward to a busy year in 2013 with 'Race 2', 'Kochadaiyaan' and 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' releases. She has also reunited with Shah Rukh Khan for 'Chennai Express' after 'Om Shanti Om' besides working with Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Ram Leela'.
"'Yeh Jawaani...' is almost done and we have just started shooting 'Chennai Express'. I am working with Shah Rukh again after four years. The film is true to Rohit Shetty's style. While 'Ram Leela' with Sanjay Leela Bhansali is a love story," says Deepika, adding that 'Kochadaiyaan' with superstar Rajinikanth is ready for release.
Talking about 'Race 2', her first release of the year, Deepika says she plays a manipulative role.
"It is for the first time that I am doing an action thriller. The first part was very successful and Race 2 has similar twists and turns. My character Alina is very manipulative and intelligent and she knows how to get her way through whatever she wants."
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2