I&B notice against PTC News channel
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Chandrababu Naidu's TDP back in NDA; Modi says his rivals acting like 'WWF wrestlers'
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran holds AAP govt Reliance FIR illegal
- The Build-UP: Shah's gameplan to conquer the state for Modi
The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has issued a showcause notice to PTC News channel for running advertisements "canvassing votes in favour of a particular political party" during the campaign for DSGMC elections. The alleged irregularity was brought to the notice of I&B Ministry by the Directorate of Gurdwara Elections through a memo. The memo said the campaign ended on January 25, but the channel aired the ads the next day as well. "The advertisements showed messages from prominent political figures of a particular political persuasion, appealing to voters to vote in favour of a particular political party," the release said.
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death