I&B notice against PTC News channel
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has issued a showcause notice to PTC News channel for running advertisements "canvassing votes in favour of a particular political party" during the campaign for DSGMC elections. The alleged irregularity was brought to the notice of I&B Ministry by the Directorate of Gurdwara Elections through a memo. The memo said the campaign ended on January 25, but the channel aired the ads the next day as well. "The advertisements showed messages from prominent political figures of a particular political persuasion, appealing to voters to vote in favour of a particular political party," the release said.