I&B notice against PTC News channel
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has issued a showcause notice to PTC News channel for running advertisements "canvassing votes in favour of a particular political party" during the campaign for DSGMC elections. The alleged irregularity was brought to the notice of I&B Ministry by the Directorate of Gurdwara Elections through a memo. The memo said the campaign ended on January 25, but the channel aired the ads the next day as well. "The advertisements showed messages from prominent political figures of a particular political persuasion, appealing to voters to vote in favour of a particular political party," the release said.