I&B notice against PTC News channel
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has issued a showcause notice to PTC News channel for running advertisements "canvassing votes in favour of a particular political party" during the campaign for DSGMC elections. The alleged irregularity was brought to the notice of I&B Ministry by the Directorate of Gurdwara Elections through a memo. The memo said the campaign ended on January 25, but the channel aired the ads the next day as well. "The advertisements showed messages from prominent political figures of a particular political persuasion, appealing to voters to vote in favour of a particular political party," the release said.