I believe Netaji died in air crash, those who donít are fantasizing: Daughter
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
In a candid talk with Sulagna Sengupta, Netaji's daughter speaks about her father's death, govt's apathy and more.
The death of Netaji is still controversial. What are your views on this issue? Shouldn't the controversy be put at rest for good ?
Different people have different ideologies and way of thinking. I don't really know why people are still so concerned about the death of Netaji. There are people who still say that Netaji is alive. What can I say to that? The people who believe he is still alive are fantasizing.
What is your view on Bengal government's initiative in preserving Netaji's work and whether they have offered any help?
I don't know what has been done till date except putting up of some statues. He is a son of Bengal and I think much efforts needs to be taken by the state government to preserve Netaji's work. Our family members at Netaji Research Bhawan are working towards preserving the heritage, but the government has not given enough fund to preserve Netaji's work. We have to get funds from private sources. It is necessary to incorporate some achievements of Netaji in the History syllabus at schools or colleges. I feel such works should have to be incorporated so that students know the life and works of this great leader.
Do you think a holiday on Netaji's birthday is the right way to pay homage to the leader whose mantra was 'action' and not cessation of it ?
If you get a holiday for Gandhi's birthday, why can't you get a holiday for Netaji's birthday? Its the prerogative of individual state governments. Even if there is no holiday, it doesn't matter.
Why are Netaji's papers 'top secret' in his own country even after more than 60 years?
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress