I believe Netaji died in air crash, those who donít are fantasizing: Daughter
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Six election officials killed in Naxal attack; FIR filed against Azam Khan
In a candid talk with Sulagna Sengupta, Netaji's daughter speaks about her father's death, govt's apathy and more.
The death of Netaji is still controversial. What are your views on this issue? Shouldn't the controversy be put at rest for good ?
Different people have different ideologies and way of thinking. I don't really know why people are still so concerned about the death of Netaji. There are people who still say that Netaji is alive. What can I say to that? The people who believe he is still alive are fantasizing.
What is your view on Bengal government's initiative in preserving Netaji's work and whether they have offered any help?
I don't know what has been done till date except putting up of some statues. He is a son of Bengal and I think much efforts needs to be taken by the state government to preserve Netaji's work. Our family members at Netaji Research Bhawan are working towards preserving the heritage, but the government has not given enough fund to preserve Netaji's work. We have to get funds from private sources. It is necessary to incorporate some achievements of Netaji in the History syllabus at schools or colleges. I feel such works should have to be incorporated so that students know the life and works of this great leader.
Do you think a holiday on Netaji's birthday is the right way to pay homage to the leader whose mantra was 'action' and not cessation of it ?
If you get a holiday for Gandhi's birthday, why can't you get a holiday for Netaji's birthday? Its the prerogative of individual state governments. Even if there is no holiday, it doesn't matter.
Why are Netaji's papers 'top secret' in his own country even after more than 60 years?
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit