I believe Netaji died in air crash, those who donít are fantasizing: Daughter
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK win toss, elect to bat first
In a candid talk with Sulagna Sengupta, Netaji's daughter speaks about her father's death, govt's apathy and more.
The death of Netaji is still controversial. What are your views on this issue? Shouldn't the controversy be put at rest for good ?
Different people have different ideologies and way of thinking. I don't really know why people are still so concerned about the death of Netaji. There are people who still say that Netaji is alive. What can I say to that? The people who believe he is still alive are fantasizing.
What is your view on Bengal government's initiative in preserving Netaji's work and whether they have offered any help?
I don't know what has been done till date except putting up of some statues. He is a son of Bengal and I think much efforts needs to be taken by the state government to preserve Netaji's work. Our family members at Netaji Research Bhawan are working towards preserving the heritage, but the government has not given enough fund to preserve Netaji's work. We have to get funds from private sources. It is necessary to incorporate some achievements of Netaji in the History syllabus at schools or colleges. I feel such works should have to be incorporated so that students know the life and works of this great leader.
Do you think a holiday on Netaji's birthday is the right way to pay homage to the leader whose mantra was 'action' and not cessation of it ?
If you get a holiday for Gandhi's birthday, why can't you get a holiday for Netaji's birthday? Its the prerogative of individual state governments. Even if there is no holiday, it doesn't matter.
Why are Netaji's papers 'top secret' in his own country even after more than 60 years?
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota