I can’t fake a song: Rekha Bhardwaj
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
And that is one of the reasons she is choosy about playback offers too. "The music, the words have to touch me, move me, like AR Rahman's music, or Sajid Wajid's for whom I sang Kaanha and Himesh Reshammiya for whom I rendered Piya jaise laadoo. I can't fake a song." She would like to sing more with music composer Amit Trivedi too.
And her husband Vishal? "Well, the process is easy, but once I am behind the mike, it is tough working with him," she smiles, looking forward to playback in Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mann Dola, Ek Thi Dayan and couple of new music composers.
When not singing, she and Vishal join Gulzar in Bhopal, in an NGO called Aarushi for the challenged. "We work with them, hold workshops, like I do on music and dance.the main thing is that we are taught not to feel sorry for them, instead empower them and treat them as equals."