I don't understand why Salman shouted at Kushal and not Armaan: 'Bigg Boss 7' contestant Sofia Hayat
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat model code of conduct
- Tarun Tejpal among three booked for possession of phones inside Goa jail
'Bigg Boss 7' housemate Sofia Hayat has released a video clarifying what exactly happened between her and fellow contestant Armaan Kohli in the house.
Once evicted from the house, the British singer-actress filed a complaint against Armaan accusing him of physical abuse. The actor was then arrested from the house and later released on bail.
Sofia Hayat is clearly not happy with the turn of events. As a result, she boycotted the grand finale of the show that was held on December 28. "I was upset that they invited Armaan Kohli. They did invite me, but I didn't go because I didn't want to be in the same place as him. I didn't feel safe being around him," she says.
She then released a video explaining her side of the story. "My Hindi is good enough to understand most things, but I don't understand dirty, disgusting swear words. The police obviously saw those and levied sexual abuse charges on top, which I thank the police for," she says in the video.
The actress also quite plainly mentioned how she felt about 'Bigg Boss' lack of support and host Salman Khan's biased behaviour with regards to the whole fiasco. "It's a fact that 'Bigg Boss' themselves did not help me at that time when Armaan hit me. When Andy was pushed by Kushal, they threw Kushal out of the house. When a woman was hit by a 6 foot man, nothing happened. I was told that there are connections between Armaan's family, Tanishaa's family and Salman's family, which is absolutely fine. I don't have a problem with that. But I don't understand why Salman shouted at Kushal so many times but didn't shout at Armaan," she says.
Sofia stresses that the reason for her video is not publicity, but in fact taking a stand for violence against women. She also goes on to talk about the abuse she has witnessed first hand.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past