I don't care if people love or hate me: Kristen Stewart
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Actress Kristen Stewart says she is sorry for the cheating scandal that shocked many this summer but insists she couldn't care less whether movie fans love or hate her.
The 22-year-old received a wave of criticism for having an affair with married director Rupert Sanders, leaving boyfriend Robert Pattinson heartbroken, reported Daily Star.
"It's not a terrible thing if you're either loved or hated. But honestly, I don't care 'cause it doesn't keep me from doing my thing.
"I apologize to everyone for making them so angry. It was not my intention. It's a little annoying having to be so compartmentalized. I go from box to box to box. But I'm going out a lot more now. I was starting to get closed off and self-conscious, and I'm trudging forth into the world more often," she said.
Stewart is reportedly back with Pattinson.
As for the "Twilight" franchise, she is happy to have it behind her.
"I start every project to finish the it and to extend that over a five-year period adapting all of these treasured moments over four books, it was constantly worrying. But as long as people's perspective of me doesn't keep me from doing what I want to do, it doesn't matter."