I don't consider myself hot: Ranbir Kapoor
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
Bollywood heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor has dismissed the idea of him being labelled as one of the hottest young stars of the Indian film industry.
"I don't take any tags seriously. I don't consider myself hot or good looking. I just concentrate on my work," said the 30-year-old actor, was in the city to promote his next release Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.
"I have grown up in a film family and have seen successes and failures; you can't take anything too seriously. Good parts turn me on," added Ranbir Kapoor, who is the grandson of legendary filmmaker Raj Kapoor and son of actors Rishi and Neetu Kapoor.Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani will hit screens across the world on May 31.
He will be seen romancing former girlfriend Deepika Padukone in the film.
"There was no baggage. We have remained friends and both of us just loved our parts in this film. It is great to see her growth as an actor and I look forward to working with her again," he said in reference to the couple's on-screen chemistry.
The film is produced by Karan Johar and directed by Ayan Mukerji, the director of Kapoor's previous box-office hit Wake Up Sid. While the latest project is packaged within a romance genre, the actor stresses on a far deeper thread running through it.
"In a lot of ways it is even deeper than Wake Up Sid, very layered and nuanced. At its core, it is saying that happiness is real only if it is shared but somewhere along the way in life we tend to take our loved ones for granted," said the actor behind award-winning roles in films such as Barfi! and Rockstar.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today