I don't think I am sexy: Ryan Gosling
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
Ryan Gosling says he is bemused by his sex symbol status and does not consider himself a traditional leading man.
"I don't think of myself as particularly good looking and not at all a typical leading man actor. I have a greater affinity for characters who aren't mainstream leading man kinds of roles, although I enjoy playing basically any character as long as the film has something interesting to say about life," he said.
The actor also said he is not in this profession for money or fame, reported Showbizspy.
"I hate feeling that I'm just doing a job for a pay check. The whole notion of being a movie star is part of the myth-making process that goes on in the film business. You create this great illusion on screen and then the illusion is taken to a different level when actors become mythologised.