I don't understand why Salman shouted at Kushal and not Armaan: 'Bigg Boss 7' contestant Sofia Hayat
- Mulayam Singh Yadav questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Elections 2014 Live: EC to take stern action over attack on poll officials by TMC men
'Bigg Boss 7' housemate Sofia Hayat has released a video clarifying what exactly happened between her and fellow contestant Armaan Kohli in the house.
Once evicted from the house, the British singer-actress filed a complaint against Armaan accusing him of physical abuse. The actor was then arrested from the house and later released on bail.
Sofia Hayat is clearly not happy with the turn of events. As a result, she boycotted the grand finale of the show that was held on December 28. "I was upset that they invited Armaan Kohli. They did invite me, but I didn't go because I didn't want to be in the same place as him. I didn't feel safe being around him," she says.
She then released a video explaining her side of the story. "My Hindi is good enough to understand most things, but I don't understand dirty, disgusting swear words. The police obviously saw those and levied sexual abuse charges on top, which I thank the police for," she says in the video.
The actress also quite plainly mentioned how she felt about 'Bigg Boss' lack of support and host Salman Khan's biased behaviour with regards to the whole fiasco. "It's a fact that 'Bigg Boss' themselves did not help me at that time when Armaan hit me. When Andy was pushed by Kushal, they threw Kushal out of the house. When a woman was hit by a 6 foot man, nothing happened. I was told that there are connections between Armaan's family, Tanishaa's family and Salman's family, which is absolutely fine. I don't have a problem with that. But I don't understand why Salman shouted at Kushal so many times but didn't shout at Armaan," she says.
Sofia stresses that the reason for her video is not publicity, but in fact taking a stand for violence against women. She also goes on to talk about the abuse she has witnessed first hand.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi