I got arrested when I was 15: Bradley Cooper
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Hollywood hunk Bradley Cooper was very rebellious in his teens which led to him getting arrested at the age of 15 for underage drinking.
The 'Silver Linings Playbook' star has been sober for eight years and credits his "intellectually curious" late father Charles for inspiring him to become an actor, a media report said.
"I grew up in an interesting family. My father was Irish, and my mother was Italian. It's a rich tapestry. It's soaking in volatility. But I was raised well.
"I put them through some hell, of course. I got arrested (for underage drinking) when I was 15. My mom (Gloria) always said, 'Just call me. I wanna know where you are,' We always had good lines of communication, me and my parents. My father was viciously smart and intellectually curious," he said.
The 37-year-old actor has a history of drug and alcohol abuse but says he decided to clean his act when he realised that he was ruining his life. Cooper has been clean since he turned 29.
"I don't drink or do drugs anymore. Being sober helps a great deal... I remember looking at my life, my apartment, my dogs (when I was still using), and I thought, 'What's happening?," he had said.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties