I had to prove myself: Ben Affleck
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Ben Affleck says it was a nightmare becoming a film director because of snobbery from Hollywood bigwigs.
The 40-year-old turned director with Argo and he says he had the last laugh when he won the Best Director for the movie at the BAFTAs, reported Contactmusic.
"People are skeptical of actors who try to cross the border and try to direct and be more serious. So I had to prove myself, like you have to prove yourself in life. I've had experiences where I've been a little more exposed or had a few more bumps than usual. But in this business you're always having to prove yourself. When you get to the next movie you're at zero. The next one I do could be a disaster. You start at the beginning again," he said.
Argo is up for six Oscars next week.
- Terror accused wrongly jailed for 14 yrs, NHRC notices to Home Ministry, police
- SP hints no candidates against Sonia, Rahul
- In Hills, BJP gains GJM edge
- Delhi Police forms patrol teams to check pick-pocketing in Metro
- Two months to go and EC receives myriad complaints
- Maharashtra hailstorm hits crop worth Rs 5,000 cr
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress