I have drawn red lines for Budget: P Chidambaram
He did not agree with the questioner that FII inflows into stock markets are volatile. Giving figures, he said net FII inflow has shown a secular rise.
"So it tends to remain for the long term. Therefore I think while FDI has a higher priority, I don't see any reason why we should be worried about FII money in equity. As far as the Indian experience is concerned, there's been a secular increase, cumulatively, over the years. So I would welcome both FDI and FII in equity," he said.
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act
- Ahir kin rivalry dominates poll landscape