I have six films to release in 2013, says Anurag Kashyap
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Film-maker Anurag Kashyap is excited as once again two of his films are part of the 66th Cannes Film Festival to be held in May. While 2012 saw Gangs of Wasseypur I and II and Peddlers creating a sensation there, this year it is Bombay Talkies and Monsoon Shootout that will be screened at the prestigious fete.
However, Kashyap is very grounded as he spoke about his other projects that are in the pipeline. "I have six films that will be released in 2013," he said while talking briefly about his projects. "I start shooting for Bombay Velvet starring Ranbir Kapoor from June 22 in Mumbai and Sri Lanka. Ugly, which was marred by unnecessary controversy by the media over its title, is complete but its release date is not yet finalised," he said.
Of the other ventures, he said Monsoon Shootout will be sold internationally first before it gets released in India. Directed by Amit Kumar, it has Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Tannishtha Chatterjee, Jayant Gadekar and Omkar Das Manikpuri of Peepli [Live] fame in its cast. Hasee Toh Phasee is a Phantom and Karan Johar co-production. The shooting of this film took off from April 18. It has Parineeti Chopra and Sidharth Malhotra in the cast.
Kashyap stated that the shooting of Shahid is complete and the film is ready. He said, "We are in the process of finalising the release dates as there are many other films which are also releasing." A biopic Hindi film, directed by Hansal Mehta and produced by Anurag Kashyap, Shahid is about a lawyer and human rights activist, Shahid Azmi, who was assassinated in 2010 in Mumbai. The film stars Rajkumar.
Vikramaditya Motwane's directorial venture Lootera starring Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha releases on July 5 while Queen, a Phantom Production starring Kangana Ranaut in a de-glam avatar, is also set to release this year. And Ribhu Dasgupta's Michael and Vasant Bala's Peddlers are also ready for release. Meanwhile Kashyap's Bombay Talkies is slated for a May 3 release post which the anthology that celebrates 100 years of Indian cinema with a compilation of stories directed by four top film-makers —Anurag Kashyap, Dibakar Banerjee, Zoya Akhtar and Karan Johar—goes to Cannes where it will have a Gala Screening as a tribute to the 100 years of Indian cinema and Amit Kumar's Monsoon Shootout will feature in the Midnight Screening, a non-competition category during the festival from May 15 to 26, 2013.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express