I hope Katrina lives up to 'Dhoom' expectations: Esha
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Katrina and co-star Aamir Khan are the new entrants into the franchise and the new instalment will hit theatres in 2013.
"I am sad that I am not a part of the whole franchise. But I wish Katrina lives up to the expectations that comes with the 'Dhoom' tag. I am sure she will because she is a brilliant actress," said Esha.
The 31-year-old actress, who married businessman Bharat Takhtani earlier this year, delivered one of the major hits of her career with the Aditya Chopra film, where she was seen in a stylish avatar and also proved her dancing mettle with film's title track "Dhoom macha le".
Asked about her plans to return to the silver screen, Esha, who was last seen in mother Hema Malini's "Tell Me O Kkhuda", said, "If any decent and respectful offer comes up then I will be a part of it. Acting is my first love and I am really looking forward to it."
The newly married couple were on a visit to the Capital after they spent a religious time in Tirupati.
"We had gone to seek blessings from Balaji. I believe in him. We had also attended my cousin's wedding there," she added.
Dressed in a black sweater and a pair of jeans, Esha said life has not changed much after marriage and has only become all about sharing responsibilities.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi