I knew that Daniele would follow me one day: Roberto Cavalli
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Ace fashion designer Roberto Cavalli says he always knew his son Daniele would follow him into the fashion world.
The 72-year-old sees a younger version of himself in his son who helms the label's menswear line, reported Contactmusic.
"Daniele and I have always been very close, and I knew that he would follow me one day. He is extremely talented. I can see how much he tries to invent something special.
"It's fantastic to listen to him because when I speak to him I feel that he's like me when I was younger. He has lived and breathed and grown up in my studio, so his apprenticeship started at a very young age!" Roberto said.
The father-son duo share a love of traditional craftsmanship and draw their inspiration from Italian heritage and their hometown Florence.
"My father and I do not have the usual concepts that other designers or brands have; it's more about other things. When I say we love Florence it is because Florence is of maximum beauty, and the artisans use the oldest techniques to create this beauty. My father and I appreciate all these things that are very Italian, very Florence and very Cavalli," Daniele said.