I knew that Daniele would follow me one day: Roberto Cavalli
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Ace fashion designer Roberto Cavalli says he always knew his son Daniele would follow him into the fashion world.
The 72-year-old sees a younger version of himself in his son who helms the label's menswear line, reported Contactmusic.
"Daniele and I have always been very close, and I knew that he would follow me one day. He is extremely talented. I can see how much he tries to invent something special.
"It's fantastic to listen to him because when I speak to him I feel that he's like me when I was younger. He has lived and breathed and grown up in my studio, so his apprenticeship started at a very young age!" Roberto said.
The father-son duo share a love of traditional craftsmanship and draw their inspiration from Italian heritage and their hometown Florence.
"My father and I do not have the usual concepts that other designers or brands have; it's more about other things. When I say we love Florence it is because Florence is of maximum beauty, and the artisans use the oldest techniques to create this beauty. My father and I appreciate all these things that are very Italian, very Florence and very Cavalli," Daniele said.