I lost the opportunity to work with Aamir Khan in 'Peekay': Arshad Warsi
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Arshad Warsi, who missed out on sharing screen space with Aamir Khan in Rajkumar Hirani's 'Peekay', feels saddened to have lost an opportunity to work with the senior actor as well as the filmmaker.
"I know I missed out on an opportunity to work with him (Aamir)... it would have been great. I was looking forward to work with him. He is such a fine actor and a is great guy," Arshad told PTI.
The director was keen on casting Arshad with Aamir but due to date issues, the former had to opt out.
"Raju always wanted Aamir and me to be together on screen.. When Raju was writing the script he had me in mind all throughout. So that's a good experience I am going to miss out. But I am sure sooner or later I will get that chance," the 43-year-old actor said.
Arshad let go Rajkumar Hirani's next, in favour of the sequel to Vishal Bharadwaj's 'Ishqiya'.
"I couldn't have worked out on dates. I wouldn't refuse Raju for anything. In fact when he offered me the film, I did not even ask for the script, I was like I am ready to come on whenever you want. So that is the connection I share with Raju," he said.
"Unfortunately the dates of 'Peekay' and 'Dedh Ishqiya' were clashing had I taken this month and half for 'Peekay' then 'Dedh Ishqiya' would have got pushed by a year. Because it needed that particular weather to shoot in Lucknow and one month later it would have been hot. So one has to give up something," he rued. Now, 'Peekay' stars Aamir Khan, Anushka Sharma and popular TV actor Sushant Singh Rajput in lead roles.
The shoot for 'Dedh Ishqiya' will begin from February 18 in Lucknow. The much-awaited sequel also stars Nasseruddin Shah and Madhuri Dixit in the lead.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Cong begins â€˜primariesâ€™ in two Rajasthan seats
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Salman Khanâ€™s â€˜Jai Hoâ€™ collects Rs 100 cr worldwide despite slowÂ start