I lost the opportunity to work with Aamir Khan in 'Peekay': Arshad Warsi
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
"I know I missed out on an opportunity to work with him (Aamir)... it would have been great. I was looking forward to work with him. He is such a fine actor and a is great guy," Arshad told PTI.
The director was keen on casting Arshad with Aamir but due to date issues, the former had to opt out.
"Raju always wanted Aamir and me to be together on screen.. When Raju was writing the script he had me in mind all throughout. So that's a good experience I am going to miss out. But I am sure sooner or later I will get that chance," the 43-year-old actor said.
Arshad let go Rajkumar Hirani's next, in favour of the sequel to Vishal Bharadwaj's 'Ishqiya'.
"I couldn't have worked out on dates. I wouldn't refuse Raju for anything. In fact when he offered me the film, I did not even ask for the script, I was like I am ready to come on whenever you want. So that is the connection I share with Raju," he said.
"Unfortunately the dates of 'Peekay' and 'Dedh Ishqiya' were clashing had I taken this month and half for 'Peekay' then 'Dedh Ishqiya' would have got pushed by a year. Because it needed that particular weather to shoot in Lucknow and one month later it would have been hot. So one has to give up something," he rued. Now, 'Peekay' stars Aamir Khan, Anushka Sharma and popular TV actor Sushant Singh Rajput in lead roles.
The shoot for 'Dedh Ishqiya' will begin from February 18 in Lucknow. The much-awaited sequel also stars Nasseruddin Shah and Madhuri Dixit in the lead.
Arshad's yet another project that is much awaited is the third installment of 'Munnabhai' series ¿ that had the hit pairing of Sanjay and him as Munna and Circuit.
"I am not sure of when they will work on the third part. I am the wrong person to answer that. I think Raju or Vidhu Vinod Chopra would be able to talk about it. I don't have any idea about it," he said.
His other projects include ¿ action thriller 'Zilla Ghaziabad', 'Jolly LLB' with Boman Irani and Amrita Rao, where he plays a lawyer, and 'Chambal Safari' in which he is essaying a dacoit.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today