I never intended to direct: Angelina Jolie
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Actress-filmmaker Angelina Jolie, who helmed the romantic drama 'In The Land of Blood And Honey', says she never wanted to direct movies.
The Oscar-winning actress said she wrote and directed the film, a love story set during the Bosnian war, as a homework giving herself to learn more about the history, reported Contactmusic.
"I didn't set out to ever become a director or write a script. I was never intending to make a film. I often give myself homework on different things; it's good exercise to get your mind working," she said.
Jolie, who also works as a UN special envoy, then began writing the film to help raise awareness of the situation.
"I've been travelling for over 10 years to these conflict and post-conflict zones, and thinking about what happens to people when they live inside these situations, and how their humanity is just stripped apart.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?