I owe a lot to Punjab: Sartaaj
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
"I owe a lot to Punjab and it is my first duty to do all that I can for my hometown," said Satinder Sartaaj, famous Punjabi Sufi singer hailing from Hoshiarpur, who was in the city at Hotel Maharaja Regency on Friday.
Sartaaj is here to promote his upcoming Independence Day special musical evening Sartaj-e-Mehfil, which will be held on August 15 at Harsheela Resorts.
Addressing the media, he said: "We are doing this show on the eve of Independence Day, so that families can enjoy to the fullest. It is a live family show with best sufi music and colour of rich Punjabi culture."
Reportedly, 50 per cent concession is being given on tickets to students, senior citizens and children. Talking about the future plans of opening an academy in Punjab, he said: "There is immense talent in the rural areas of Punjab and it is my duty to promote and encourage them. I am working on opening of an academy to nurture young singers and give them a platform to take up sufi music as profession."
On being asked why this show is been organised in Ludhiana, he said, "As I said, it is my duty towards Punjab, not only Ludhiana. I will visit other cities like Amritsar and Jalandhar for sufi shows in future."
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism
- As it completes 10 years, there is enough evidence to show that India needs the MGNREGA
- For Randhir Singh, teaching was next to revolution-making.
- Intizar Husain seemed as much a stranger in a strange land in Pakistan as he did in India
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment