I rate Madhuri Dixit at par with Madhubala, Waheeda Rehmaan: Naseeruddin Shah
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
Naseeruddin Shah is having a ball in Lucknow shooting for Dedh Ishqiya, the sequel to the well-received Ishqiya. Naseeruddin Shah says, "I've been here in Lucknow before to shoot for Muzaffar Ali's Umrao Jaan, Shyam Benegal's Junoon and Sudhir Mishra's Yeh Woh Manzil Toh Nahin. But I haven't been in Lucknow for some years now. The city has changed a lot. It's great fun...My wife Ratna visits off and on."
Naseeruddin Shah says the sequel is better scripted than Ishqiya. "Oh yes Dedh Ishqiya has a better script. Being with Arshad Warsi is an added incentive. I have not seen his new film Jolly L.L.B.as yet. But there will be a screening soon."
Madhuri Dixit as his co-star adds to Naseeruddin Shah's sense of enjoyment. "She's quite wonderful. I have to confess I am a Madhuri Dixit fan. I am not embarrassed to say this. I rate her at par with Waheeda Rehman and Madhubala. We did Pankaj Parashar's Rajkumar and then we did M. F. Hussain's Gaja Gamini, the one that nobody understood. I was the only one who tried very hard to understand what was going in the film. I think Hussain Saab admired Madhuri so he decided to make a movie around her. There was no story or anything. It was just a series of beautiful images, totally abstract and non-cinematic. I think he was trying to create a new language of cinema."
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov