I spend money on diamonds: Sonam Kapoor
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
They say diamonds are a girl's best friend and the adage holds true for Bollywood actress and fashionista Sonam Kapoor who spends a huge amount of her income on real jewellery.
Sonam, 27, who is the brand ambassador of Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council, said she loves antique neck-pieces and never thinks twice before buying a new one.
"I never invest in property, rather I spend a huge amount of my income on diamonds. I feel they are one's assets. I love antique jewellery and in my films also you will see I wear a lot of them. I don't buy junk jewellery," said Sonam, who was in the Capital to announce the first edition of India Gems Jewellery Fair (IGJF) here starting from April 6.
Clad in a beige saree and a diamond necklace, Sonam also expressed her displeasure over the 12.36 per cent service tax levied on actors.
"We are being bullied by the Government. They are taking an extra amount of tax from us but I don't know where they are using it. I would love to give my money to a charity rather than this Government," she added.
The actress will be seen in 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' next opposite Farhan Akhtar. She is also shooting for three films - 'Ranjhanaa', an untitled Yash Raj Film and the remake of 'Khoobsurat'.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18