I want to live, rape victim tells mother, brother
- Nepal Earthquake: Rains, fresh tremors hamper rescue works, toll tops 2,500
- Nepal earthquake: 22 climbers dead in avalanche on Mt Everest
- Nepal Earthquake: Air services resumed to Kathmandu
- NDRF rescue team begins sifting through rubble in Nepal
- Heavy rains likely in quake-hit Nepal, warns Indian Meteorological Dept
He said his sister had just completed a physiotherapy course and was awaiting her results. "She was looking for an internship here, we were so proud of her," he said.
Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said when he met the woman's mother, she said her daughter told her she wanted to live. "She told me that her daughter had tears in her eyes, and said: Ma, I want to live," he said.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said the woman's father had sold his small land holding to help his daughter realise her dream of becoming a doctor. She quoted him as saying "we have to often live on just salt and roti".
"Her parents are very courageous, showing exceptional wisdom and maturity even in the wake of such a tragedy," the Speaker said.