I was allowed to enter Karachi without visa, skip airport immigration: Yasin
- Congress fields local MLA Ajay Rai from Varanasi to take on Modi, Kejriwal
- Mamata Banerjee seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
- Kejriwal slapped again, second attack in last four days
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- April 8 Campaign roundup: TDP, BJP still grappling with seat sharing issues; Mamata seeks removal of Vinod Zutshi from EC
Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal allegedly entered Pakistan in early 2006 on a regular commercial flight from Dubai even though he did not have a visa and was whisked away from the aircraft by his contacts to avoid immigration checks.
Yasin has told interrogators that he spent about 50 days in Pakistan undergoing training to launch terror attacks and returned to Dubai in the same manner after his hosts stamped his passport with fake immigration stamps to show that he had entered and exited India.
Yasin, who was arrested from the India-Nepal border late last month, has said that the IM's operations chief Amir Reza Khan "instructed" him around December 2005 to go to Pakistan via Dubai for weapons training. Khan even gave him the code name of "Mustafa" for his stay in Pakistan.
Having worked in Dubai earlier on a temporary visa, Yasin has said he arranged for a permanent work visa this time through the owner of a sports goods shop there. He worked there for a while before he was asked by another IM co-founder, Riyaz Bhatkal, to move to Pakistan for training.
Yasin asked his employer for 15 days' leave and told him as well as his father, who was also in Dubai, that he had to go to China on work.
He bought tickets to fly on Pakistan International Airlines from Dubai to Mumbai via Karachi and informed Riyaz about his travel plans through an online "messenger".
"I boarded the plane in Dubai. As the plane landed in Karachi, a person (seemed like airport staff) entered the cabin with a placard in his hand with 'Mustafa' written on it," Yasin has said.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city