I was in love with Amy Winehouse: Pete Doherty
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Rocker Pete Doherty says he and late singer Amy Winehouse were secret lovers before her death in July 2011.
The troubled rocker, who has struggled with drug addiction, said he and Winehouse were lovers before she died at the age of 27 but he admitted things ended badly between them, reported Daily Mail.
"This is difficult for me to admit. But, yes, it's true. Amy and I were lovers. I loved her then and, well, I still do today. But towards the end, as only lovers can, she became quite mean and cruel to me. She didn't suffer fools... and believe me, she had a mean right hook," he said.
The 33-year-old musician's relationship with Kate Moss also ended badly but the supermodel, who is now married to Jamie Hince, recently reached out to him to see how he is.
"I got a call from Kate a couple of weeks ago, which came as a surprise as we haven't exchanged a word since it ended. And believe me, it ended nastily.
"But she was friendly and just asked me what I was up to. She wanted to know why I hadn't written any songs recently and whether I was still taking drugs. She said she was staying clean and that she was very happily married.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might