I wasn't away from spotlight: Ameesha Patel
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Actress Ameesha Patel, who took a sabbatical from mainstream acting to set up her production house, says that she was never away from the spotlight.
"I was busy with film projects and setting up my production house. Now I have a range of films lined up for release. Just because I was shooting for films and busy with my home production company doesn't mean I was away from the spotlight," Ameesha told PTI.
"I had to take a break to set up my production company.
Managing a production house is a different ballgame... its not easy."
In 2011, Ameesha launched her production company -- Ameesha Patel Productions with her friend and business partner Kuunal Goomer. She is set to produce three films.
The 37-year-old has signed David Dhawan and Priyadarshan to direct films for her. The actress had worked with David earlier in 'Yeh Hai Jalwa' and with Priyadarshan in 'Bhool Bhulaiya'. And then there is a film titled 'Desi Magic' which will mark ad-maker Mehul Atha's debut as a director.
"We have a wonderful film lined up early next year called 'Desi Magic'. It showcases me in a double role for the first time. It is the most challenging role of my career till now. In the David Dhawan film, I play a prostitute. I am really looking forward for all the three films," she said.
Apart from her production house, she would be seen in 'Bhaiyyaji Superhit' where she will be teaming up with Sunny Deol after a long time. Sunny and Ameesha were part of the superhit film 'Gadar'. And then she will star in 'Shortcut Romeo' a romantic thriller film she will be seen opposite Neil Nitin Mukesh.
Ameesha is now seen playing the character of Anil Kapoor's ditsy assistant who asks interesting questions but at the wrong time, in Abbas-Mustan's action thriller 'Race 2'.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment