I will invite Manna De to my Durga puja : Abhijeet
- LIVE: Odd-even rule kicks in; Delhi has done it, says Kejriwal
- Odd-even plan: First offender tells police he had 'no option'
- Dubai: Massive fire breaks out in a hotel near Burj Khalifa; all residents safely evacuated
- Antagarh bypoll, 2014: Candidate who stayed put says CMO offered ‘anything’
- Resolve to make House work: PM Narendra Modi to Opposition
Popular playback singer Abhijeet said that he would invite Manna De, who turned 94, to his Durga puja celebration in Mumbai, but expressed concern for the legendary singer's health.
"Whenever I think about calling him up and chatting, I think about his health, which is a matter of concern," Abhijeet, who launched a photo album Manna Dey 94, said.
"But you must think about his age and how fit he was till
recently. But I will certainly take him to my Durga Puja, the
biggest bash in Mumbai, this year," he said.
"I have not been able to talk to Mannasab for the past six years, ever since we met on board a flight from New York and he appeared so full of life at that time despite being past 80," the singer said.
Describing laga chunri mein daag chhupaun kaise, and zindagi kaisi hai paheli as his favourite Hindi songs as
also Bengali ami je jalsaghare, Coffee Houser sei addata
and Lolita oke aaj chole jete balna, Abhijeet said "it would be better if present day youngsters try to imbibe Mannasaab's gayaki."
"I am not happy with the way songs and lyrics are cannibalised in the name of music these days. I have given up listening to such tracks.
- AAP's strategy is good one for some immediate relief. However, it must initiate action on all other measures now.
- Narendra Modi and Nawaz Sharif should agree on a joint Afghanistan policy
- New Year Postcard-2: A smart Patna, jobs for women
- The CPI(M) needs flexible tactics to stay relevant
- Susanne Rudolph: A beautiful life of the mind
- In 2016, let’s reset our idealism