I will invite Manna De to my Durga puja : Abhijeet
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Popular playback singer Abhijeet said that he would invite Manna De, who turned 94, to his Durga puja celebration in Mumbai, but expressed concern for the legendary singer's health.
"Whenever I think about calling him up and chatting, I think about his health, which is a matter of concern," Abhijeet, who launched a photo album Manna Dey 94, said.
"But you must think about his age and how fit he was till
recently. But I will certainly take him to my Durga Puja, the
biggest bash in Mumbai, this year," he said.
"I have not been able to talk to Mannasab for the past six years, ever since we met on board a flight from New York and he appeared so full of life at that time despite being past 80," the singer said.
Describing laga chunri mein daag chhupaun kaise, and zindagi kaisi hai paheli as his favourite Hindi songs as
also Bengali ami je jalsaghare, Coffee Houser sei addata
and Lolita oke aaj chole jete balna, Abhijeet said "it would be better if present day youngsters try to imbibe Mannasaab's gayaki."
"I am not happy with the way songs and lyrics are cannibalised in the name of music these days. I have given up listening to such tracks.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might