I will invite Manna De to my Durga puja : Abhijeet
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
Popular playback singer Abhijeet said that he would invite Manna De, who turned 94, to his Durga puja celebration in Mumbai, but expressed concern for the legendary singer's health.
"Whenever I think about calling him up and chatting, I think about his health, which is a matter of concern," Abhijeet, who launched a photo album Manna Dey 94, said.
"But you must think about his age and how fit he was till
recently. But I will certainly take him to my Durga Puja, the
biggest bash in Mumbai, this year," he said.
"I have not been able to talk to Mannasab for the past six years, ever since we met on board a flight from New York and he appeared so full of life at that time despite being past 80," the singer said.
Describing laga chunri mein daag chhupaun kaise, and zindagi kaisi hai paheli as his favourite Hindi songs as
also Bengali ami je jalsaghare, Coffee Houser sei addata
and Lolita oke aaj chole jete balna, Abhijeet said "it would be better if present day youngsters try to imbibe Mannasaab's gayaki."
"I am not happy with the way songs and lyrics are cannibalised in the name of music these days. I have given up listening to such tracks.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?