IAF’s new salute norms cut not much into Army hierarchy
- Navy Chief DK Joshi takes responsibility for spate of accidents, resigns
- TRS gives jitters to Congress post Telangana creation, says merger unlikely
- SC orders arrest of Sahara chief Subrata Roy, says âarms of court very longâ
- KLF terrorist Bhullar will not be executed in present health condition, Centre tells SC
- Paswan, who left NDA over Modi, signals tie-up with BJP for ânew optionâ
Defence spokesperson for western region, Wing Commander T K Singha, said: "The new salutation of the IAF is a more convenient and smarter way of showing respect to seniors. It is no way derogatory, disrespectful or discourteous to seniors in the IAF or those in any other service. It has been incorporated after being approved by highest authorities. Some officers in other services may be unaware about the latest change."