IAF’s new salute norms cut not much into Army hierarchy
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
Defence spokesperson for western region, Wing Commander T K Singha, said: "The new salutation of the IAF is a more convenient and smarter way of showing respect to seniors. It is no way derogatory, disrespectful or discourteous to seniors in the IAF or those in any other service. It has been incorporated after being approved by highest authorities. Some officers in other services may be unaware about the latest change."