IAF’s new salute norms cut not much into Army hierarchy
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Defence spokesperson for western region, Wing Commander T K Singha, said: "The new salutation of the IAF is a more convenient and smarter way of showing respect to seniors. It is no way derogatory, disrespectful or discourteous to seniors in the IAF or those in any other service. It has been incorporated after being approved by highest authorities. Some officers in other services may be unaware about the latest change."