IAF waiting for clearance of dues amounting to Rs 63 crore
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
Indian Air Force (IAF) is awaiting clearance of its previous dues worth Rs 63 crore, incurred in last five years, by various government departments for using its aircraft and helicopters, an RTI reply said.
According to the information provided by the Defence Ministry, maximum amount worth Rs 44 crore is due on External Affairs Ministry, followed by Union Home Ministry which has yet not paid Rs 9 crore.
"The amount is due on these departments even after several reminders. It has been decided that IAF's future cooperation will depend only after clearance of these pending amounts," the Ministry said in the reply.
External Affairs Ministry used the IAF aircraft on 131 occasions in last five years. In 2012-13, only it availed the facility 50 time.