IAF waiting for clearance of dues amounting to Rs 63 crore
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airline flight to Bangalore makes air turnback
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
Indian Air Force (IAF) is awaiting clearance of its previous dues worth Rs 63 crore, incurred in last five years, by various government departments for using its aircraft and helicopters, an RTI reply said.
According to the information provided by the Defence Ministry, maximum amount worth Rs 44 crore is due on External Affairs Ministry, followed by Union Home Ministry which has yet not paid Rs 9 crore.
"The amount is due on these departments even after several reminders. It has been decided that IAF's future cooperation will depend only after clearance of these pending amounts," the Ministry said in the reply.
External Affairs Ministry used the IAF aircraft on 131 occasions in last five years. In 2012-13, only it availed the facility 50 time.
Besides, MEA and MHA, IAF choppers and aircrafts were used by several other union ministries like Water Resources, Railways, Commerce Ministry, Department of North East Affairs, Forest and Environment among others.