IAF’s first Swiss Pilatus trainer aircraft arrives in India
The first of the 75 Swiss Pilatus trainer aircraft procured by the IAF under a Rs 2,800-crore deal to train its rookie pilots landed at Jamnagar in Gujarat Friday. The fleet of 75 aircraft will help in replacing the fleet of HPT-32 basic trainers, which were grounded after a fatal crash in 2009, senior IAF officials said here. Government of India had signed a contract with the Swiss firm in May last year.
- Rajnath’s 3-day Lucknow tour begins today
- MP with most criminal cases ages slowly in Jharkhand
- Guru who filed case against Ramdev gets Congress ticket
- Now, Ram Vilas Vedanti threatens to rebel ‘if Rajnath refuses ticket’
- Mamata hits back: ‘Those who don’t know poverty are talking big’
- At workers’ meet, silent Rahul Gandhi ‘packs a punch’