IAF’s first Swiss Pilatus trainer aircraft arrives in India
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
The first of the 75 Swiss Pilatus trainer aircraft procured by the IAF under a Rs 2,800-crore deal to train its rookie pilots landed at Jamnagar in Gujarat Friday. The fleet of 75 aircraft will help in replacing the fleet of HPT-32 basic trainers, which were grounded after a fatal crash in 2009, senior IAF officials said here. Government of India had signed a contract with the Swiss firm in May last year.