IAF’s first Swiss Pilatus trainer aircraft arrives in India
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
The first of the 75 Swiss Pilatus trainer aircraft procured by the IAF under a Rs 2,800-crore deal to train its rookie pilots landed at Jamnagar in Gujarat Friday. The fleet of 75 aircraft will help in replacing the fleet of HPT-32 basic trainers, which were grounded after a fatal crash in 2009, senior IAF officials said here. Government of India had signed a contract with the Swiss firm in May last year.