IAF’s first Swiss Pilatus trainer aircraft arrives in India
- LIVE: Centre tables Land Bill amidst cries of 'kisan bachao, desh bachao'
- Full text of Prashant Bhushan's reply to AAP's show cause notice
- SC refuses to dismiss NGT's ban on older vehicles
- Oil paper leak: Court takes cognisance of chargesheet filed against accused
- On Delhi’s edge, a township of 25,000 more toxic than Delhi
The first of the 75 Swiss Pilatus trainer aircraft procured by the IAF under a Rs 2,800-crore deal to train its rookie pilots landed at Jamnagar in Gujarat Friday. The fleet of 75 aircraft will help in replacing the fleet of HPT-32 basic trainers, which were grounded after a fatal crash in 2009, senior IAF officials said here. Government of India had signed a contract with the Swiss firm in May last year.