IAF’s first Swiss Pilatus trainer aircraft arrives in India
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
The first of the 75 Swiss Pilatus trainer aircraft procured by the IAF under a Rs 2,800-crore deal to train its rookie pilots landed at Jamnagar in Gujarat Friday. The fleet of 75 aircraft will help in replacing the fleet of HPT-32 basic trainers, which were grounded after a fatal crash in 2009, senior IAF officials said here. Government of India had signed a contract with the Swiss firm in May last year.