IB to probe into threat calls to Naqvi
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The government is learnt to have directed the Intelligence Bureau (IB) to investigate the threat calls received by BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
Naqvi had written to Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde five days ago informing him about the threat calls he had received from international numbers.
The Ministry, apparently, did not respond to his request for a probe into the matter. Shinde, however, is learnt to have directed the IB on Friday to initiate an investigation after he came under fire from BJP leaders for his alleged inaction on the issue.