iBall Andi Uddaan: Feeling insecure, press the SOS button
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Chandrababu Naidu's TDP back in NDA, ties up with BJP for polls
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran holds AAP govt Reliance FIR illegal
- ICC Twenty20 final preview: On cupâs cusp
One thing's for sure. iBall brand from Mumbai-based Best IT World has come a long way since making its fist-size mobile phone for the elderly. That said, how long it can sustain in the cut-throat and ever-evolving smartphone market, will depend on how swiftly it can incorporate the changing dynamics of the market. But if the recently launched Andi Uddaan smartphone is any indication, the nearly 13-year-old maker of pen drives and PC accessories is definitely on the right track.
The iBall Andi Uddaan is essentially targeted at women and it is as girly a gadget as can be with hearts and crystals studded on to the pink and ivory body, as well as the home screen. That's not all. The company gives a pink back cover, a little pink purse and a pink flip cover, among other regular accessories, inside the box.
However, what makes Uddaan unique is a feature dedicated exclusively to women's safety. The so-called SOS button at the back (in the shape of a heart), when pressed, sets off a loud alarm alerting people nearby. What's more, text messages are sent and phone calls are made automatically to five pre-defined emergency contacts, with the text message providing the geographical location of the phone's owner in real time. The message also gets posted to the mobile phone owner's Facebook account.
The tracking facility in the phone allows the user to add her daily route on the map and authorise up to 10 people to track her movements live on the map. This can be useful in times of emergency and the company has used women's safety as a key advertising plank. Not a bad strategy at all and brilliant timing too. Other safety measures include an ICE feature that allows the user to save vital information such as blood group, medical history, details of people to contact in case of any emergency etc.
- All Muslim bodies supporting Congress: Chidambaram
- No alliance with Congress in 5 assembly seats: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Urban areas forgotten as campaigners focus on villages
- AAP tea vendor to take on BJP actor from Ahmedabad East
- Rly police give clean chit to Deputy Mayor Sharma
- BJP releases manifesto, steers clear of focussing on Kher
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death