Icra lowers GDP growth forecast to 5.4%
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
"A weaker rupee and a generalisation of inflationary pressures related to high food prices would result in core inflation remaining firm," it said.
The macroeconomic situation remains clouded despite the recent reform measures, Icra said. "Although measures such as the revision in diesel prices and easing of norms for foreign direct investments in various sectors initiated since September have boosted sentiment and strengthened the rupee, the currency has weakened sharply in the past month, adding to macroeconomic uncertainties."
The report further said the poor monsoons will affect agriculture growth and it is likely to be low in the second half.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar