ICSE Class XII exams kick off, students find first outing easy
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Students of class XII of the Indian Certificates Secondary Education (ICSE) board heaved a sigh of relief after their first exam proved to be an easy ride, as they began with their much anticipated board examinations on Tuesday.
Students from class-XII appeared for their exam at two centres of the Tricity - St. Xaviers Senior Secondary School, Sector 44-C, Chandigarh, and Yadavindra Public School, Mohali. The students were spared from travelling to other centres to take the exam, as they appeared for it in their own schools. The first exam was of accountancy.
"It was great. We didn't expect it to be an easy one," said Radhika Rawal, a student of St Xavier's Senior Secondary School, Chandigarh. Piyush Sachdeva, her classmate and the topper of the class said, "It was fine, quite easy". Sukhdeep Singh, another student added, "It feels amazing. We all are happy about our first exam".
According to the date-sheet issued by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE), the last exam for class XII is scheduled for March 25, and board exams for class X students will begin on February 27 and will continue till March 25.