IDBI bank and PMC Aadhaar kendras
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
The district election office has listed 27 locations in the Pune Municipal Corporation area as Aadhaar kendras for registration while IDBI's 28 branches too are helping out in the drive. With the city lagging behind in the drive, the Pune district Collector Vikas Deshmukh had earlier said that he would increase the UID centres for registration. Officials from the district administration said that the increased centres should help boost the figures. "Almost all areas have the registered kendras and at some places there would be two machines to facilitate the people. Meanwhile, IDBI banks premises too are being used for the drive. Citizens can go to the nearest branch to register themselves for the UID drive," an official said.