IDBI bank and PMC Aadhaar kendras
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
The district election office has listed 27 locations in the Pune Municipal Corporation area as Aadhaar kendras for registration while IDBI's 28 branches too are helping out in the drive. With the city lagging behind in the drive, the Pune district Collector Vikas Deshmukh had earlier said that he would increase the UID centres for registration. Officials from the district administration said that the increased centres should help boost the figures. "Almost all areas have the registered kendras and at some places there would be two machines to facilitate the people. Meanwhile, IDBI banks premises too are being used for the drive. Citizens can go to the nearest branch to register themselves for the UID drive," an official said.