Identify robber cops, police urge people
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Police have asked people to come forward and identify the four constables caught for a foiled robbery bid in Mulund Thursday. They are probing if the cops could be involved in other robberies in Trombay and Chembur too.
"So far, however, no one has come forward and we believe the two robberies at Rudrakshini Spa on December 22 and January 3 are their only attempts," said ACP (East) Qaiser Khalid.
While constables Hanumant Kawale (37) and Shekhar Shinde (30) have been remanded in police custody till January 6, wireless operators Madhukar Killare (35) and Dashrath Jhankar (32) are in judicial custody.
At 4.30 pm Thursday, Kawale and Shinde went to Rudrakashini Spa in Mulund (West) on the pretext of a raid and allegedly robbed Rs 4,000. On December 22, the two, accompanied by Killare and Jhankar, had allegedly assaulted employees and customers at the spa and robbed Rs 10,000.
Khalid said since then, spa owner Heena Shetty had told her employees to remain alert and on Thursday, they foiled a robbery bid.
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- Telescope: From Fawad Khan to Kalki Koechlin, journeys to keep an eye on
- Shouldn’t weekly off day be a matter of choice, instead of being dictated by law?
- India’s search for alternatives to regional forum must quicken
- Struggle against caste system & capitalism are inextricably linked
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP