Identify robber cops, police urge people
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Police have asked people to come forward and identify the four constables caught for a foiled robbery bid in Mulund Thursday. They are probing if the cops could be involved in other robberies in Trombay and Chembur too.
"So far, however, no one has come forward and we believe the two robberies at Rudrakshini Spa on December 22 and January 3 are their only attempts," said ACP (East) Qaiser Khalid.
While constables Hanumant Kawale (37) and Shekhar Shinde (30) have been remanded in police custody till January 6, wireless operators Madhukar Killare (35) and Dashrath Jhankar (32) are in judicial custody.
At 4.30 pm Thursday, Kawale and Shinde went to Rudrakashini Spa in Mulund (West) on the pretext of a raid and allegedly robbed Rs 4,000. On December 22, the two, accompanied by Killare and Jhankar, had allegedly assaulted employees and customers at the spa and robbed Rs 10,000.
Khalid said since then, spa owner Heena Shetty had told her employees to remain alert and on Thursday, they foiled a robbery bid.
As Kawale and Shinde exited the spa with Rs 4,000, the employees called police.