IES bowl St Mary’s out for 18
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
In probably the most one-sided contest you will ever see, IES VN Sule Guruji from Dadar took an outrageous 287-run lead after the first day's play in their three-day Mumbai Schools Sports Association (MSSA) Harris Shield contest on Tuesday.
The IES bowlers first ran through St Mary's ICSE, bowling them out for just 18, with Atharva Chavan, Shreyas Kemkar and Parab Heramb taking three wickets each. Then IES piled on the misery on their hapless opponents with Yash Bhojane and Kemkar scoring a century each, with the latter finishing unbeaten on 104.
Prithvi Shaw top-scored with 45 for Rizvi Springfield as they were bowled out for 184 against Swami Vivekanand. Ratnadeep Chavan starred with the ball, taking figures of 4/49 while Anish Chaudhary also was among the wickets, finishing with 3/58. Vivekanand in response finished the day on 131/4 with Pranav Bhatia having scored 45.
Maxwell Swaminathan led the charge for Fatima High School from Vidyavihar, though he wasn't provided much support by his teammates. Maxwell scored 45, while Fatima were bowled out for 163 against IES New English from Bandra. Bhavya Thakkar's 5/20 reduced Shardashram Vidyamandir Boys from Dadar to 57/9 after Swami Vivekanand from Kandivili had piled on 252 in their first innings. Umesh Sheth with 84 and Atharva Poojari with 55 were the main contributors with the bat. Shams Mulani was another star bowler, this time for Don Bosco High School as he ran amok through Oxford Public School's batting line-up, getting them all-out for 59 with figures of 6/16.
Brief Scores: Oxford Public School (Kandivali) 59 all out (Shams Mulani 6/16) vs Don Bosco H S (Matunga); Fatima High School (Vidyavihar) 163 all out (Maxwell Swaminathan 56; Atish Nair 3/41, Tejas Shetty 3/46) vs IES New English (Bandra) 47 for 2; IES Modern English (Dadar) 55 all out (Usman Gani 3/24, Shoeb Khan 3/14) vs Anjuman –I-Islam Allana English (CST) 145 for 3 (Hashir Dafedar 63, Shaikh Mehoob 46 n.o.); Rizvi Springfield (Bandra) 184 all out (Prithvi Shaw 45; Ratnadeep Chavan 4/49, Anish Chaudhary 3/58) vs Swami Vivekanand 131 for 4 (Pranav Bhatia 45); St Mary's ICSE (Mazagaon) 18 all out (Atharva Chavan 3/6, Shreyas Kemkar 3/2 runs, Parab Heramb 3/0) vs IES VN Sule Guruji (Dadar) 305 for 2 (Yash Bhojane 112, Shreyas Kemkar 104 n.o., Pravin Kela 49 n.o.); Swami Vivekanand (Kandivali) 252 all out (Umash Sheth 84, Atharva Poojari 55; Saurabh Satelkar 4/34, Rohan Bhosle 4/73) vs Shardashram Vidyamandir Boys (Dadar) 57 for 9 (Bhavya Thakkar 5/20).
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized