IGIA: Radar screens go blank, flights disrupted
- BJP calls Rahul's take on Land Bill a 'white lie', wants him to apologise
- Presstitutes remark row: Modi says media ignoring V K Singh's good work in Yemen
- This govt is for the poor: PM Modi to BJP MPs
- 51 arrested for setting Puri-Barbil Express train coach on fire
- COAI roots for net neutrality, access to Internet for all
Radar screens at Air Traffic Control tower at the IGI Airport went blank on Friday, following power failure caused after a miniature circuit breaker (MCB) was accidentally switched off by a worker carrying out an electrical job in ATC, hitting flight operations.
Screens of the Air Traffic Control Officers went blank at 12.20 pm, sources said. Though the system switched to standby power within seconds, it took over 45 minutes to reboot the consoles and restore operations fully, sources said. Over 20 flights were affected due to failure of power supply.
An AAI spokesperson said: "Around 12.21 pm there was power failure but standby power took over, for 10 minutes. After this, the power was restored and there was no disruption. " He denied reports of radar failure and said: "AAI radars are equipped with three levels of power supply, one main and two standbys."