IIM-A professor appointed Federal Bank board chairman
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
An Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) professor, Abraham Koshy, has been appointed the chairman of Federal Bank's board by the RBI.
He joined the Federal Bank board in 2007 as an Independent Director. An MBA from Cochin University, Koshy took his doctoral qualification with specialisation in marketing from the IIM-A and started his career in Union Bank of India as an officer.
After a short stint there, he opted for academics and joined the School of Management Studies, Cochin University and later moved to the Centre for Management Development, Trivandrum.
He joined IIM-A in 1989. Koshy has co-authored a book on marketing management with the legendary marketing guru Philip Kotler and others. In addition, he is a co-author and a co-editor of three books and has published several research papers and case studies in reputed publications. In addition to Federal Bank, he is a member of the Board of Directors of Malayala Manorama Company Ltd.