IIM-A revs up exchange study on campus
- Elections LIVE: BJP fields Advani from Gandhinagar despite resistance, Modi to contest from Vadodara too
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: India recieves fresh search request from Malaysian authorities
- Sino-Indian war report: Govt advocated caution, Army dictated policy that was militarily unsound
- No intention to invade other regions, much less other nations: Putin
- BJP pits V K Singh against Ilmi, Babbar in Rajnathâs Ghaziabad
In a bid to bring more diversity on campus, the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, (IIM-A) has revved up its 'Exchange Programme' on campus.
While a total of 107 IIM-A students have opted to pursue a term's study abroad, around 69 incoming foreign students from South American, French and German universities will be spending the next three months at IIM-A as part of the institutes's annual student exchange programme.
Through the exchange programme, both IIM-A students and those from universities abroad can study and earn credits for one of the three terms in their second year at a university other than their home university.
For this, IIM-A has entered into partnerships with prominent global business schools such as Columbia Business School, ESSEC Paris, EDHEC Paris, IE Madrid, University of Bocconi Italy and Cologne University in Germany.
"Our aim is to have one-third of the batch participate in the exchange programme in the coming year. With a sustained effort by both the Exchange Office and the Exchange Council, we hope to ensure that there is more diversity for both incoming and outgoing students by signing MoUs with more universities abroad. Having bagged tie-ups with a varsity from South Africa and one more school from South America, we plan to increase the variety of varsities to tie up with.
"While a total of 70 foreign exchange students were on campus last year, this number has also risen by 84 year, and we are expecting around 10 to be nominated to come for the upcoming terms until March," said Shailesh Nadar, student coordinator of the Exchange Council, IIM-A.
"The exchange council has also signed MoUs with Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town and ESAN Graduate School of Business in Lima, Peru for the first time for possible future exchange partnerships.
- A day after Holi, workers stay away from work
- Deputy Mayor Sharma booked for murder
- Stop Aadhaar data use to probe crime: UIDAI to SC
- Congress will win at least 20 seats in the state: Siddaramaiah
- Have done nothing wrong, need not fear anyone: Geetha Shivrajkumar
- ‘We’ll make progress in south India, open account in Kerala’